News Advisory: July 30th, 2021
Roseville, CA – Leading cybersecurity practitioners from all areas of the industry will come to Las Vegas for the International Cybersecurity Woman of the Year (CSWY) Awards GALA 2021. This year’s event will be at The Cosmopolitan Hotel on August 3rd in Las Vegas during Black Hat USA 2021. The 3rd annual GALA will be a hybrid event (both in-person and virtual) allowing for attendees across the globe to join in the celebration.
“This year, women needed to do more, secure more, and provide new leadership during a surge of cybercrime,” said Carmen Marsh, Founder of the CSWY Awards. “This will be a night to call out some of the best in our industry, as well as recognize all the security professionals who fought back against cyber criminals targeting organizations and individuals.”
The event will honor women in eight categories who were selected out of hundreds of nominations from 52 countries across the world. They were voted for by the public after being narrowed down to three finalists per category by a panel of judges. The categories include:
1. Cybersecurity Woman "Barrier Breaker" (nominee should be a woman with a legacy and record of developing research and/or products that have changed the industry)
2. Cybersecurity Woman Influencer of the Year (a thought leader who has authored research, investigations, or legislation making in the cybersecurity industry)
3. Cybersecurity Women Supporter of the Year (can be anyone with significant contributions to support women in cybersecurity)
4. Woman Cybersecurity Leader of the Year (demonstrates significant success in major cybersecurity initiatives)
5. Cybersecurity Woman Hacker of the Year (must demonstrate outstanding performance in this role)
6. Cybersecurity or Privacy Woman Law Professional (demonstrates accomplishments related to cybersecurity and privacy law)
7. People's Choice Award 2021 (this is a popularity vote for a woman cybersecurity professional who is recognized by many)
8. Cybersecurity Woman Volunteer of the Year - (demonstrates outstanding dedication to volunteer time to great causes in the cybersecurity field)
To see the full list of nominees, click here. The winners in each category will be revealed at the GALA event on August 3rd.
The event includes a keynote address from Vasu Jakkal, Corporate Vice President, Security, Compliance, and Identity at Microsoft.
“Today we have an incredible opportunity to attract a talented and impassioned generation of defenders, and to change the deep gender disparity in our industry,” said Vasu. “I am so grateful to the Cybersecurity Woman of The Year program organizers for spotlighting the amazing work being done by those superheroes who are setting a powerful example for us all. And I’m so proud to be part of an event that is helping to cultivate inclusivity, inspire and facilitate mentorship, and celebrate the important field of cybersecurity.”
This year’s event sponsors include Google, JP Morgan, Microsoft, Nike, NetSync, Dell, Zeektek, iOActive, ioSENTRIX, KFA, Orange Defense, and JasonElrod.
The first CSWY event took place in Las Vegas during the Black Hat USA 2019. The 2020 event was held in Roseville, California for a combined in-person and virtual ceremony as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Previous winners of CSWY Awards include Ms. Diana Waithanji, Ms. Noureen Njoroge, Ms. Julie Cullivan, Ms. Victoria Beckman, Ms. Deidre Diamond, Ms. Chris Kubecka, and Ms. Ludmila Morozova-Buss.
Who: The leading women cybersecurity practitioners and executives in the world
What: 3rd annual International Cybersecurity Woman of the Year (CSWY) Awards GALA 2021
Where: The Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas
When: Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 6:30 pm
How do I join?: You can find tickets at CSWY2021 (inteligenca.com). Members of the media interested in participating should contact Carmen Marsh at (916) 517-0752
About the United Cybersecurity Alliance
The United Cybersecurity Alliance (UCA) is a non-profit organization that governs the Cybersecurity Women of the Year (CSWY) Awards as well as The 100 Women in 100 Days (100W100D) cybersecurity career accelerator, SacCARES Cybersecurity Career Accelerator, CyberCRU 500 Cybersecurity Career Awareness Program for High Schools, Ally of the Year Awards, Cyber Salon, CapitolSEC event, Global CISO Townhall and #IncludeCybersecurity DEI Forum.